Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tapirs

One of my favorite animals, (I seem to have a lot of those… :) ) is the tapir. It is a rather odd looking animal found in rainforests. It looks kind of like a pig, but it has a snout that looks like a little tiny trunk. Unfortunately they always seem to be sleeping when I am at the zoo, so I don’t have a very good variety of pictures of them.

Zoo7 265

 

Zoo7 286

 

Zoo7 287

 

Zoo7 491

This last one is of a different species of Tapir. It is all dark brown compared to the white and black ones above.

Hopefully someday one of them will have a baby that I can photograph, because baby tapirs are incredibly cute. Their hair pattern is completely different than their parents, sort of like a deer fawn. Think of Bambi, only as a tapir.

No comments:

Post a Comment