Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunset + Tree = Amazing

Winter 199

A couple days ago I posted my entries for our local county fair. This was one that I was most excited about entering. It won third, which I didn’t mind, but I did mind that the judge criticized it for having the horizon centered. It is an old rule of thumb that you should not have a horizon line in the center of your photos, but that is for landscape photography. This picture was not focusing on the landscape, it was about the tree and the shadow. I took many variations of this picture that night, some of them I did focus on the landscape more, but this one is still my favorite. Tonight I thought I would share the others with you so you can see how many different ways there can be to take pictures of one subject. And no, Mr. Judge, the horizon is not in the center of all of them.

Winter 193

 

Winter 194

 

Winter 195

 

Winter 196

 

Winter 197

 

Winter 198

 

Winter 200

No comments:

Post a Comment